If you want to improve your vision without undergoing certain laser eye surgeries which are on offer these days, then here are some useful eye exercises for better vision which you may try to get the desired results.
- The first exercise involves making a dot on one side of the pencil and focusing on both the dot as well as the pencil while bringing it closer and then moving it away from you. This exercise can treat certain vision related problems such s double vision and strabismus.
- Next, you need to hold a pencil and keep it at an arm’s length. Now concentrate on the dot on the pencil that you created a while ago.
- Once your entire attention is on the dot, slowly bring the pencil closer to you while keeping your focus on the dot.
- The moment you begin to see two pencils instead of one, just stop it right there.
- Take a break by looking elsewhere for some time. You can also close it for a few seconds if you want.
- When your eyes feel relaxed, start focusing on the pencil again. However, if you still see two instead of one, then you can extend your break.
- Now slowly move the pencil away while keeping your entire focus on the dot.
- Repeat the aforementioned steps and do it for 5 to 10 minutes regularly. If you perform these eye-pushups on a daily basis, you will experience an improvement in your vision.
Diet and Lifestyle Changes
However, you will also need to couple these eye exercises with certain lifestyle changes for better vision and quicker results. For instance, try to incorporate foods such as green and leafy vegetables, citrus fruits and carrots into your meals. Salmon and tuna fish are also good for eyes as they are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids. Vitamin C and E supplements will also help you keep your eyes healthy.
Smoking should also be avoided as it can lead to cataracts and macular degeneration.
Wear sunglasses whenever you step out in the sun. Always use the ones which can keep your eyes protected from ultraviolet rays of the sun.
Reduce Vision Fatigue
It is also extremely important to avoid eye strain as much as possible. Here are some useful tips which can help you achieve that objective:
- If you work on computers for long durations, then take breaks every 20 minutes. Utilize these breaks by focusing on objects placed at around 20 feet away from you for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Keep the brightness levels of your monitor as low as possible.
- You should also keep the texts relative larger to avoid eye strain.
- Blink frequently to keep your eyes moist.
In case, all these vision therapies and vision improvements do not prove useful, you can get in touch with the eye specialists at Perfect Vision by calling on 13 13 40. If you want a priority appointment, then please use the following link: http://perfectvision.com.au/booking/ .