Everyone should have an eye exam at least once a year, more so if you have diabetes or a history of diabetes in your family. During the eye examinations, doctors can not only determine if you require a prescription or surgery, they also check for common eye diseases. An annual check up is recommended to ensure that you’re doing the best to protect your eyes and it can also help doctors anticipate other health issues.
6 Reasons why you should have an annual eye examination
- If you have diabetes or family history of conditions such as diabetes or glaucoma, you should visit an eye specialist regularly and have an eye test for these conditions, especially if you are in your 50’s or older.
- If it is more than one year since you have visited a doctor for an eye check up, you should not delay the visit any longer.
- If you have dry, itchy or red eyes; noticing floaters, flashes of light or spots are some of the common conditions that are signs that need to be checked out.
- If you are someone who is facing difficulties while driving in the night or seeing street signs in the dark.
- If you experience blurred vision after spending an extended amount of time in front of a computer screen, headaches and/or eye strain, face trouble following a moving target, you may need help of eye specialists.
- If you are facing difficulties in reading books or newspapers or noticing changes in your vision.
What will an eye specialist check for?
- Refractive errors – whether it is nearsightedness, farsightedness, or astigmatism, doctors can locate and eliminate the issues with the help of glasses, contact lenses or reflective surgery.
- Alignment of your eyes – if your eyes do not work well as a team, it can cause headache, eye strain, issues in reading or other near vision tasks.
- Eye Doctors also check for some common eye diseases such as glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy and others to prevent your eyes from upcoming issues.
If you are suffering from certain eye related problems such as myopia, snow blindness, diabetic retinopathy, etc. or are in need of some eye care advice from experts, don’t hesitate to get in contact with our friendly staff and book an eye health exam.
During the month of February we are offering complementary eye health exams and laser assessments, these are conducted by our experienced surgeons at our eye clinics, valued at $200. Call them now on 13 13 40 or visit http://perfectvision.com.au/booking/ to book an appointment online.